With more than 10,000 students, Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences (FH Bielefeld) is the largest such university in the Ostwestfalen-Lippe region. At its Gütersloh campus, FH Bielefeld offers a very successful range of practice-integrated bachelor’s courses and extra-occupational master’s courses in collaboration with partners from business.
In order to satisfy the growing interest in the campus, a former barracks site is to be transformed into an international campus using a holistic approach, with the aim of enabling people to study, live and work in a single location.
LOGO is conducting requirement planning for two expansion stages, integrating modern teaching, learning and working methods. The new architecture for learning spaces is to offer ideal conditions for collaborative and innovative working and researching, which is in high demand in the world of work.
FH Bielefeld, Property Management
- Conducting target workshops with campus employees
- Determining the specific space requirement during meetings with users
- Online survey of employees
- Comprehensive requirement planning for university buildings with state-of-the-art laboratories, seminar rooms and a library, event area, cafeteria and administration rooms as required by the ministry issuing approval
- Determining space on the basis of the university’s development planning
- Determining the budget
- University building in two expansion stages with a gross total area of approx. 14,500 m² for 1,250 students
First expansion stage: approx. 9,400 m²
Second expansion stage: approx. 5,100 m²
- Project commencement and implementation of requirement planning 2022